The underarm area rarely gives us any trouble, apart from sweating, and we conveniently forget all about it. Unfortunately, the skin in this area is very sensitive and is susceptible to a variety of problems like rashes, pigmentation, infection, ingrown hair, and even pimples. There’s a lot that can happen in such a small area! However, one of the most common complaints by both men and women is pigmentation or discoloration.
Don’t let your dark underarms stop you from wearing your favorite clothes as we have effective remedies to lighten and brighten your underarms. Let’s take a look.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms
Imagine there’s a wedding coming up that you must attend and that gorgeous sleeveless dress you wish to wear. But you don’t. Because of dark underarms. No more worries! Here are some home remedies for dark underarms. They are perfectly safe and have no side effects.
Aloe Vera contains vitamins A, C, and E, which are antioxidants. It also contains vitamin B12. Antioxidants protect skin by limiting the production of free radicals, which can damage skin cells. It can do a lot for the health and appearance of your skin, including reducing the signs of aging.
- Get an Aloe Vera leaf
- Cut open the leaf and extract fresh aloe vera gel.
- Apply a layer of this gel on your underarms and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- Repeat this procedure for at least one week for a faster result.
Cucumber slices are often used to soothe eye bags and also to lighten under-eye dark circles. This is because cucumber extract has skin lightening properties. The same property can also be utilized for lightening dark armpits.
- Get two(2) cucumber slices
- Rub the cucumber slices on the dark armpits for a minute or two.
- Let the juice that has oozed out from the slice onto your skin stay there for another 10 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
Lemon juice has a high concentration of citric acid, which is a natural exfoliant and bleach. It works as an excellent underarm bleaching agent.
- Cut the lemon into thick slices and scrub the underarms area with them for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat this process thrice a week.
Olive oil is very hydrating and nourishing for the skin. It is also rich in antioxidants. The brown sugar acts as an exfoliant and will remove the dead skin cells that have accumulated and made your underarm skin darker.
- Get 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Add the brown sugar to the oil and mix it gently.
- Dampen the underarm skin and apply the mixture.
- Scrub for a minute or two and leave it on for five minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Do this twice a week until you get the desired results.
Alum disinfects the skin and also balances the skin’s pH. All the harmful microbes that are responsible for itchiness and sweating (which cause dark armpits) are eliminated.
- 1-2 teaspoons alum powder and water.
- Make alum paste and apply it on the underarms for 10-15 minutes before taking a shower.
- Shower as usual.
- Use this remedy once or twice a week.
Alum may not suit everybody. Do a patch test before using it on the underarms.These home remedies can be used by separately or in combinations to get optimum results in a short period.